PSCS1005 – Psychology Fundamentals – An Introduction
Learn the best way to motivate people including yourself!
This accredited online course covers the neurological processes of brain, environmental effects on behaviour, personality, psychological development and more. Gain an exciting overview of the world of psychology; understand why certain characteristics influence behaviour, and use this knowledge to motivate people in both your professional and personal life.
This introductory course provides a foundation for further study. No prior experience necessary.
- Test the waters with this Introduction to Psychology course
- Extend your knowledge of child behaviour
- Understand children’s learning and development
- Learn skills to help children grow and develop
- Clear, in-depth information
- Receive support via phone or email from our experienced tutors
- Learn how children develop, and what factors influences behaviour.
- Anyone who lives or works with children will gain insights into child behaviour.
This course is designed for
- Parents wanting a greater understanding of their child’s behaviour
- Anyone wanting to build or enhance their career in child care
- Childcare Worker
- Community Service Worker
- Social Worker
Investment: S$395 inc GST
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments throughout
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
Duration: 60 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in 6 weeks
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified psychologists with many years working experience
Introduction to Psychology covers
- Introduction to Child Psychology
- The Newborn Infant
- States and Senses of the Infant
- Emotions and Socialisation
- Cognitive Development
- Language Development
- Socialisation – Part A
- Child Sexuality
- Socialisation – Part B
★★★★★ “This course went beyond meeting my expectations. It was clear and easy to follow.” – Loren Mohai
★★★★★ “It was my dream to be an early childhood educator and the career academy made it possible.” – Sazia Hassan