HPTS1002 – Certificate in Travel & Tourism
Have a career in travel or tourism!
The tourism industry encompasses the provision of all those services used by people when travelling away from home, including booking services, transport, accommodation, tourist retail outlets and attractions.
This interactive online course is designed to develop your skills in tourism planning and management. It provides a foundation for further learning, whether on the job or through formal studies.
- Gain a certificate and understand the nature and scope of the tourism industry
- Be able to recommend tourism destinations relevant to client needs
- Advise clients on planning for unforeseen circumstances while travelling, such as financial, legal and insurance issues
- Includes utilising transport services such as airlines, car rental, shipping, bus and rail
- Be able to advise on accommodation options including camping, hostels, hotels, resorts and more
- Advise clients on package tour options to satisfy their specific requirements
- Consolidate available information and resources to plan a trip
- Receive a FREE Membership to the Institute of Hospitality on completion. This gives you access to their extensive online knowledge centre, webinars and other networking events
- FREE membership for the Institute of Hospitality on completion of this course
Course is designed to
- Provide you with the skills to undertake a variety of roles in the tourism industry
- Up-skill anyone managing a small tourism business
- Improve your confidence to help you nail that future interview!
Investment: S$495 inc GST
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone
Duration: Approximately 10 hours per module. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in nine weeks
Access time: We allow up to 6 months access to this course
This course covers nine modules
- Travel Industry Overview
- Money, Insurance, Legalities and Other Issues
- Transport – Airline reservations
- Transport – Car Rental
- Transport – Other
- Package Tours
- Travel Agency Procedure Systems