HPTS1001 – Certificate in Event Management
Are you a super-organised multitasker with excellent attention to detail? Become a certified event manager!
Event management is the perfect career choice for multitaskers with exceptional organisational skills, who can move at the speed of light and thrive under pressure! Special event planning can include many types of events, from conferences and sales meetings to gala dinners and awards. Become a certified event planner with our online course and get started in your exciting new career.
- Gain a Certificate to add to your portfolio
- Clear overview of the most common event types
- Plan your business for success
- Developed by experienced event managers
- Free membership to the Institute of Hospitality on completion
- Free membership to the ILEA on completion
- You will work on a product launch as part of your course and become completely involved in the intricacies and attention to detail required in the world of event planning.
Endorsed by the ILEA!
The International Live Events Association has endorsed The Career Academy as an Approved Education Partner. They have accredited our Certificate in Event Management & Wedding Planning.
“This is an exhausted approach to learning about event management and creation, and will be an invaluable to those that attend the course, particularly in the private event sector.
The events industry is a highly dynamic one, and at ILEA we advocate continual learning by eventprofs to ensure they stay relevant and at the cutting edge of marketing and sales communication. This course is one that can be used both for initial insight, but also as a revision course for seasoned professionals.”
Rui Cruz Alvez, TFI Group
“At ILEA we’re constantly looking to encourage the very best talent to enter the events industry and for our community to keep that talent rewarded and incentivised. Event management isn’t an instinct, it’s a skill that needs to be learnt and understood, and then continually improved upon. The Career Academy is an excellent first step on this process.
There continues to be a debate in the UK and beyond our shores on the benefits between experience and academic learning, for me they need to be picked up in unison. We, as an industry, take on the responsibility of delegate and spectator wellbeing, while we have them in our care; we need to take this seriously and ensure our people have the correct and rigorous training and education.”
Alistair Turner, Past President, ILEA UK Chapter
Investment: S$995 inc GST
Assessment: 9 modules / 9 assignments. On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Duration: Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Perfect for those people
- Wishing to start their own special events business
- Working for an event management company
- Working for a conference venue, convention centre or hotel
- Executive PA’s, secretaries and virtual assistants
- HPTG114 – Scope and Nature of Event Management
- HPGT145 – Developing the Concept
- HPTG146 – Physical and Human Resources
- HPTG147 – Project Logistics
- HPTG148 – Marketing an Event
- HPTG149 – Financial Management
- HPTG150 – Risk Management
- HPTG151 – Staging the Event
- HPTG152 – After the Event
Receive a FREE membership for the Institute of Hospitality on completion of this course. All of our Tourism and Hospitality courses have been officially endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality.
“It was the most flexible online form of study for the course i wanted and the payment plan was great More interaction with the tutors.” – Emily Dutton
Because I felt like this was the course for me I am working full time and I am a mother of two busy toddlers aswell as being pregnant with twins so being able to complete this course has been not only a challenge but very rewarding to now say I have completed it. Indication of how long it will take for assessments to be marked. – Melanie Huata