ANCS1001 – Certificate in Caring for Dogs
Learn about the psychology of animals
Understand animals and what causes them to act the way they do. You’ll gain a sound foundation for dealing with animals in any situation and be able to put them at ease. Ideal for pet owners, breeders and pet shop staff, through to animal welfare officers, zoo workers and carers. Perfect if you want to start a business doing animal training, grooming or dog walking, or if you would like to volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Describe the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care.
- Gain an understanding of the common diseases of dogs.
- Learn the basic characteristics of different breeds of dog, and how the suitability of breeds can differ.
- Get a foot in the door of the competitive dog care industry
- Provide your own dogs with the best care possible.
★★★★★ “Very impressed with the course, it made a lot of sense. My tutor is always there whenever I need help!” Harriet Gregory
Investment: S$495 inc GST
Assessments: 9 modules / 9 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Duration: 90 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
This course covers nine modules
- Introduction to Dog Care
- Canine Biology
- Dog Health – Part 1
- Dog Health – Part 2
- Exploring Dog Breeds
- Dog Breeding
- Dog Behaviour and Training
- Grooming Dogs
- Other Dog Services