PSCS1012 – Introduction to Abnormal Psychology
Develop awareness of a range of common psychological disorders
Understand psychological ailments, Aetiology, symptoms, prognosis, and possible treatment options. Whilst the course largely mirrors classifications systems used in the DSM and ICD, the student is also encouraged to consider issues such as how do we define normality and abnormality, and when is an individual’s behaviour within the bounds of what is regarded as “normal” in society – and when is it “abnormal”.
- Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the International Association for Counselling
This course is for
- Anybody wanting to expand their current understanding of psychology.
- People looking to take a career step in the mental care industry.
Investment: $495 inc GST
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone
Duration: 100 hours. Learn at your own pace but ideally complete in 10 weeks
Access time: We allow up to 6 months access to this course
The Certificate in Abnormal Psychology
- Disorders Diagnosed in Infancy, Childhood and Adolescence
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic & Cognitive Disorders
- Addiction Support – Treatment for Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Depression and Related Conditions
- Anxiety Disorders
- Somatoform, Factitious & Dissociative Disorders
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
- Eating and Sleep Disorders
- Impulse-Control Disorders & Adjustment Disorder
- Personality Disorders
★★★★★ “This course is excellent overall. Help was available when I needed it and the tutor was knowledgeable.” – Jodie Burton