Is your Facebook profile employer ready?
Facebook has become a professional tool employers use to vet potential employees. Make sure what they see isn’t harming your chances of getting a new job.
Are you an obsessive selfie taker? Are your weekend antics splashed across your timeline? Do you have a tendency to share questionable material?
Perhaps it’s time to review how you use Facebook and consider how it’s affecting your career prospects.
Do’s and don’ts for your Facebook
- Remove any photos, content and links that can work against you.
- Keep your issues offline! Focus your content on positives and make sure to highlight your achievements or interests.
- Create your own professional groups to network and establish relationships.
- Remember others can see your friends, so be selective about whom you accept. Make sure to monitor comments made by others and posted on your timeline.
- Don’t mention your job search if you’re still employed. It’s unprofessional!
Remember, along with fine-tuning your CV, ironing your best shirt, and researching the companies you’re interviewing with, it may be time to pay a visit to your Facebook privacy settings and review what you’re revealing to the world.